top banner

Our History

Dedicated to Excellence

Join us in celebrating eight decades of history and service

 

Established in 1931 by J.J. Edge, employee's Woodson & Dorothy Maddox, purchased the funeral home in 1939. Longtime employees, William Leland James & James N. Lipford, Jr. partnered in 1970 and purchased Maddox Funeral Home changing the name to James & Lipford Funeral Home Maddox Chapel. The partnership then expanded in 1974 to include James & Lipford Funeral Home in Graceville, formerly known as Mitchell Funeral Home. Soon after, the Sneads Chapel in Sneads was established. The partnership dissolved in 1987 with the death of Mr. Lipford. The name would then be changed to James & James Funeral Homes Maddox Chapel. Christopher Sikes began working in 1997 and was named manager. Soon after, Sikes purchased the funeral homes and the name was changed to James & Sikes Funeral Homes, Maddox Chapel & Sneads Chapel. The purchase also included James & Lipford Funeral Home, Graceville Chapel. We are proud of over eighty-five years of heritage and are grateful to the families of our communities we have served for more than eight decades.

 

 

                   
Woodson
Maddox
  Dorothy
Maddox
  James
Lipford
  Leland
James
  Chris
Sikes